• A historical review of the contributions made by German speaking immigrants to Colorado agriculture
• Creation of a fact sheet with the results of the review
• The intern will cover contributions made by both German and Austrian immigrants in Colorado
The interns will work with extension staff to increase the awareness of German and Austrian cuisine’s influence on Colorado agriculture. The intern will create a fact sheet discussing the arrival of German and Austrian immigrants in the state, what foods are common in their cuisine, which ingredients used in the cuisine can be grown in Colorado, and any agricultural production techniques that were introduced by the people. Upon completion of the fact sheet it will be translated into German.
The interns can be based anywhere in the state. However, they must visit Lamar and Bethune during the internship.
• To expand CSU Extension’s diversity efforts
• Improve the student’s understanding of professional activities within extension
• To create a welcoming environment in extension offices for multicultural visitors