Health and Well-being Training and Development for Extension Professionals and Extension Health Ambassadors
Front Range Region
Goals, Scope and Objectives:
1. Review CSU Extension needs assessments, community health needs assessments, Extension staff and stakeholder input, and findings from regional health specialist needs assessments to determine the health and well-being issues relevant to the communities that would benefit from training offered to Extension professionals and Extension Health Ambassadors.
2. The intern will work with teams of public health and Extension professionals to identify existing training content and resources and priorities for training modules, and to map out a plan for filling in the gaps to develop a comprehensive training program.
3. Research will be conducted among peer Extension states across the county to explore existing public health/wellness training programs and modules that could be adapted for CSU Extension.
4. By the end of the summer, the intern will have built out a spreadsheet with public health training topics, resources and modules, explored options and design for online delivery, and worked with CSU teams to develop a plan for completing the training program in Fall 2023. The training will ultimately be made available to all Extension professions and will be piloted with teams of Extension Health Ambassadors.
With which stakeholder group(s) will the intern work?
• Tracy Nelson, director of the CSU Colorado School of Public Health, and a team of CoSPH faculty will be collaborating on the project to help identify and develop public health resources for the project.
• Christine Fruhauf, professor in Human Development and Family Studies and healthy aging division director of the Prevention Research Center will connect the intern with a faculty team that can help identify and develop prevention- and aging-related resources.
• The intern will also work with a national team of health extension experts who can provide input on best practices in developing training for a health ambassador program.