Sedgwick County Mental Health – Small Town, Big Dreams
work with the provider team and CEO of Sedgwick County Health Center and research potential mental
health resources and educational services available to the community and our front line staff.
Goals, Scope and Objectives:
1) To provide a listing of mental health contacts (agencies or individuals) that can be distributed to
providers when they have identified a mental health issue in the clinical setting.
2) Research and present resources that can be utilized by our providers when questions arise with
medication management with relation to mental health needs of patients.
3) Provide a listing of voluntary continuing educational resources available to providers and frontline
staff who wish to learn more about managing and treating patients with mental health needs.
4) Compile a list of sources for educational guides, available posters (and hand-out materials) and
speakers that specialize in mental health that can be utilized and shared during community
meetings and displayed in community businesses and on social media.
5) Help provide topics of discussion that can be shared and utilized by our school district and
community organizations as part of our focus to help educate all age groups on the topic of
The intern can expect to work one-on-one with the Sedgwick County Health Center administration,
nursing department (s) and provider team to learn and also with the Director of the Sedgwick County
Economic Development Office.
The intern will collaborate with each to gain insight, identify problems and assist in finding resources that
may be available to us with regard to education and treatment of mental health issues across all age
groups in our community.
Helping to find available grant opportunities that can be utilized by both the Sedgwick County.