• A historical review of the contributions made by Spanish speaking immigrants to Colorado agriculture
• Creation of a fact sheet with the results of the review
• Translation of the fact sheet into Spanish
• Present a poster at the extension forum summarizing the work completed during the internship
• The interns will work with extension staff to increase the awareness of Hispanic cultures’ cuisine’s influence on Colorado agriculture. The range of the scope will be determined as a discussion of the intern’s interest. A summary of findings will be presented in a fact sheet discussing the arrival of immigrants from Spanish speaking countires, what foods are common in their cuisine, which ingredients used in the cuisine can be grown in Colorado, and any agricultural production techniques that were introduced by the people. Upon completion of the fact sheet it will be translated into Castilian Spanish.
The interns can be based anywhere in the state. However, they must visit the offices of Marlena and/or Robin during the internship.
• To expand CSU Extension’s diversity efforts
• Improve the student’s understanding of professional activities within extension
• To create a welcoming environment in extension offices for multicultural visitors